Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Conviction

Till all these fucking become platitudinous and mundane, you may leave.
I can't wait.
---------------------------------------------
this crowd of thoughts is dizzying
picking a path betwixt and amongst the consumed
trying to stay sharp throughout the chains of act-and-reactions
so often estranged from this world,a mere curious observer,
capturing the essence of this other life from a standpoint in an alternate reality,
beyond the outskirts of them,of there.

the here and now includes my red and black backpack,
and this faded navy baseball cap. the sublime sun,
ink-stained brown pants, and a pair of black and white kickers on feet that flail in a mortal existence.

Confined to the boundaries of my skull,
I have never really been a part of here...
there has never been a now.

The crises looming, yet escaping the concern of the masses,
strips bare to my eye a humbling portrait of our planet,
the dust speck.

and it is in bewilderment, that I flounder over the subjectivity
of microscopic organisms and their position
in the human dominated hierarchy.

No comments: